7 Things to know about Sofia, Bulgaria:
- Sofians love to hate Sofia.
- Driving in the city is reminscent of Mad Max.
- You can follow the yellow brick roads in the centre to try to find your way home. But good luck, there are not many sign posts for directions.
- Dorothy is skinny and Toto is a stray.
- Most Sofians don’t seem to know their way around the city. So if you get lost don’t expect too much help….
- Saint Sofia Church is magical.
- The best kept secret in town is the facade of the National Theatre where you can see a cherub with a golden willy.
About the author: Julien is Bulgarian at heart and contrarian by nature. I always like to look at things from different angles. A coin has more than two sides… Julien is a Travel Therapist at JMB Travel and a private tour guide for Bulgaria and the Balkans.
“I like to give the inside story on Bulgaria in all its natural beauty, ancient customs and present day reality.“